Welcome to my blog

I have created this Blog to serve as a reflective medium concerning the use of electronic technology for teaching college students. Please feel free to post your ideas, feelings, issues and how you solved them; anything that would add value to educational content.

I am looking for respectful dialogue. Please be mindful that everyone has an opinion, but it should not be posted using defensive or abusive verbiage. Thank you.

Disclaimer

The photographs of these watersfalls are not mine. They are the product of some very talented photographers who are addicted to waterfalls just like I am.

Monday, September 28, 2009

Affordances and Technology

I have decided that once teachers become professors and must produce original research as part of their job description, it begins to get a bit ridiculus. Affordances just means methods of use for diffferent tools of teaching. So, why not say this instead of using the term "affordances"? Because someone had the bright idea that it would make a great paper to use this term instead of a simplier, more direct methd of writing. The project on affordances was interesting, but I already have good grasp on the ways most of the tool sets are used.Finding 5 "affordances" or uses for spreedsheets was rather hard after I had stated calculation of numbers, graphing and tables, but I managed. Hand calculations was so broad that I simply focused on the use of calculators.

No comments:

Post a Comment